Read 10 Inspirational Quotes to Make You Feel Better About Not Getting Anything Done Today
We love getting things done. That’s why we spend several hours a day reading productivity articles. And when the day is done, we bookmark the ones we didn’t get to for later. We learned that trick in a productivity article!
We also learned that you can’t make yourself feel bad when you don’t get anything done. Apparently that can be extremely counter-productive. With that in mind, here are 10 inspirational quotes to make you feel better about getting absolutely nothing done today.
1. “We are all failures – at least the best of us are.” — J.M. Barrie
2. “Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” — Pooh’s Little Instruction Book
3. There is more to life than increasing its speed. — Mohandas K. Gandhi
4. There is precious little hope to be got out of whatever keeps us industrious, but there is a chance for us whenever we cease work and become stargazers. — H.M. Tomlinson
5. “Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.” — Richard Carlson
6. “He that can take rest is greater than he that can take cities.” — Benjamin Franklin
7. “Work is not always required. There is such a thing as sacred idleness.” — George MacDonald
8. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” —
9. “Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself” — Matsuo Bashō
10. “You have to allow a certain amount of time in which you are doing nothing in order to have things occur to you, to let your mind think.” — Mortimer Adler